What can we offer you?
Periodontics is the dental specialty focusing exclusively in the inflammatory disease that destroys the gums and other supporting structures around the teeth. Periodontal diseases are infections of the gums, which gradually lead to the destruction of the support of your natural teeth. These diseases affect more than 80% of our population by the age of 45. Research has shown that gum disease can influence heart disease and other health conditions in negative ways. One reason for this is the fact that the bacteria found in diseased gums can come loose and move throughout the body. Dental plaque is the primary cause of gum disease. Bacteria found in plaque produce enzymes and toxins which injure the gums. Injured gums turn red, swell and bleed easily. Here in Dazzle Orthodontics and Cosmetic Dentistry Center we have experts in the latest techniques for diagnosing and treating periodontal disease. Our doctors are board certified graduates of top schools in the US. They are also trained in cosmetic periodontal procedures.
Just a few of the services offered:
- Root planning (the cleaning of infected root surfaces)
- Root surface debridement (the removal of damaged tissue)
- Regenerative procedures (the reversal of lost bone & tissue)
- Surgical procedures for patients with severe gum disease
- Depigmentation of the Gum
- Placement, maintenance and repair of dental implants